OTHER PAGES

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yum. Peanut butter. I remember when I was in fourth grade I would eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich everyday. Usually the ratio of peanut butter to jelly was way off, but it was still really tasty. There would be so much peanut butter compared to the jelly that it would stick to the roof of my mouth and I had to drink tons of apple juice to get it off! Eventually, I moved on from peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to peanut butter and chocolate sandwiches. Actually not chocolate, but nutella sandwiches. Doesn't it make your stomach rumble just thinking about nutella? I know mine does. Nutella was probably the greatest food I tried when I was nine. I thought it was amazing. Eating chocolate for lunch, And Breakfast? Sign me up!
Well I know there's a lot of recipes for chocolate chip peanut butter cookies, but today I was remembering my fourth grade year full of peanut butter sandwich lunches, and decided to make these peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. They were amazing, and definitely satisfied my peanut butter sandwich craving. Oh, yea, I was craving a peanut butter sandwich but there was not bread. Sadness...
These cookies were yummy! Peanut butter dough with chocolate chips in every bite!

BTW! Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Flour
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:
1. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg until combined. Add in the vanilla extract and peanut butter, mixing until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Mix the flour mixture in to the butter mixture until combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Place dough in a container, and place in the fridge for 3 hours, until slightly firmer.
6. Preheat oven to 350˚F
7. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough on a cookie sheet, bake for 13 minutes or until golden on the edges
8 Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate! I swear it's the most delicious combination. Your cookies look sooo good. I could probably eat a million of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peanut butter cookies and the addition of the chocolate chips makes them that much better. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm peanut butter and chocolate...a tried and true combo there. ;) These look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)