eeek! I forgot to post this yesterday!! my bad... but now i did, so it's all good. Right? Okay, so........last post i promised something fluffy and delicious. At least I think. But anyways, here it is! Fluffy, minty, and oh so delicious mint marshmallows.
Everyone's seen those marshmallows at whole foods, right? They're fluffy, marshmallowy, and super super expensive! Well at least for just 9 pieces (or how ever much they have)! So...I made my own! Plus, I got this recipe book for confections that had a super great recipe for marshmallows.
So how did it go? .....Great! They were actually quite easy to make and super delicious. I always thought they would be super hard, you know, being a candy and all, but they actually weren't. I just made the syrup, melted gelatin, mixed them together...and.......wa lah! marshmallows!
so sorry i forgot to post the recipes, but here it is!:
Mint Marshmallows - Printer Friendly Version
adapted from Chocolates and Confections by Peter Greweling
3 envelopes (tbs) Gelatin
1/2 cup Cold water
1 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
3/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 cup Water
2 teaspoons Mint Extract
1/2 cup Confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1. In a stainless-steel bowl, combine gelatin and cold water. Oil a 8x8 pan and a rubber spatula.
2. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, honey, and water.
3. Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring gently
4. Cover saucepan with a lid and simmer for 4-5 minutes on medium heat
5. Remove lid, and heat on high until 250˚F
6. Remove pan from heat, and pour into a large mixing bowl
7. Leave syrup undisturbed until cools to 210˚F, while cooling melt gelatin over a hot water bath
8. Once cooled, add gelatin to syrup and whip on highest speed for 6 min or until very light
9. Whip in mint extract
10. Pour marshmallow into the oiled pan, spread with spatula
11. Allow marshmallows to cool. (At least 2 hours)
12. Combine confectioners' sugar and cornstarch
13. Cut marshmallows in squares, and roll in cornstarch mixture
14. Store in airtight container.
15. Enjoy :)!