OTHER PAGES

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ravioli

The other day I was supposed to make dinner for my family. (i mean when i was here) Usually I would’ve just made the norm that my mom makes(chicken, broccoli, rice). But this time I wanted to do something different. So, guess what? I made ravioli!!! I thought it was gonna be easy. Just make the dough, roll it out, put some stuff on it, put another piece of dough on, and cut, right? Well it wasn’t. Or maybe it is and I’m just terrible at making ravioli. Idk…

So I made the dough. That part was easy. Then I rolled it out. That was also easy. Then I put the filling on. Ugh, that was hard. I used sharp cheddar cheese and mozzarella as the stuffing. I guess mozzarella has a lot of water in it or something because liquid was coming out of the raviolis!! Next time (if there is one) I think I would use spinach and some kind of non-wet cheese. That might make it easier… So the end ravioli wasn’t too bad. It was edible. There just wasn’t too much filling inside. Anybody have any suggestions?!

Ravioli Dough

3 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
1. Sift flour and salt together.
2. Place flour mixture on a board, making a well in the center of the flour.
3. Drop eggs into the flour well, using your hand or a fork, break the yolks and beat eggs. Add in water and whisk until a dough forms
4. Knead dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. Cut dough in half and roll each half of the dough out on a floured board, into a very thin sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)