OTHER PAGES

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookie and My First Marathon!

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted. I've been extremely tired lately, or at least my legs have because....I did my first marathon this past Sunday! I know you probably think I'm crazy. Why would any fifteen year old girl ever want to wake up at 3 am on a Sunday morning to run 26.2 miles?! I'm not sure. Call me crazy! :)

The marathon was quite a lot of fun. Yes, I know that probably doesn't sound right, calling a 26 mile run "Fun", but it actually was. There were tons of different costumes from Avatar and Darth Vader to thousands of Santa's helpers! Do you remember that North Shore swim I did? Maybe not, but anways my friend who swam it with me also did the marathon too! We didn't train..yes, I know we probably should've, but we were fine actually. We finished with a time of 5 hours 15 minutes! Yay! I was so happy when I crossed the finish line, it felt amazing to sit down too. I never knew how tired legs could be. Or just how tasty lunch or breakfast or whatever meal I ate after could taste! First I'll show you some of the pictures, then we'll talk cookies.
Look at those zori! They're wooden! Imagine running 26 miles with wooden slippers! OMG Amazing!
Near the base of Diamond Head. I think this was about mile 10.

Near one of the water stations. About mile 21ish

Go super girl run!

Darth Vader nearing the finish. Woo hoo!


My friends on the left in the green, and I'm on the right with the white hat.

Do we look like we're dying? I definitely was. This picture was taken, courtesy of my dad, at mile 24 ish.

Now let's talk cookies. I know, a weird change. But when you've eaten 4 or 5 of these scrumptious little cookies after 26 miles, you'll know why I jumped straight to them. Pretty much everything tasted delicious after the marathon. But these cookies helped me re-gain all of those calories I burned up! I didn't bake them right after the marathon. Oh no, I would fallen in to the oven! But I did make these the day before and they were delicious. Yes, I know, I forgot to make the crisscross pattern, but despite their funny appearance, they were very good. Peanut buttery, yummy, delicious!



Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Flour
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups smooth peanut butter
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and creamy. Mix in the eggs, vanilla extract, and peanut butter
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt
3. Mix the flour mixture in to the butter mixture until combined
4. Place dough in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 3 hours
5. Preheat oven to 350˚F
6. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough on a cookie sheet. Use a fork to make a crisscross pattern. (as you can see I forgot to do this...but they were tasty anyway!)
7. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown on the edges

1 comment:

  1. I actually love the way these cookies look! They seem thick and dense and really substantial, definitely perfect for after a marathon. Congrats on the accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)