OTHER PAGES

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

News and Cake!

I have some great news!! ...I'm going to Japan! Wooo hooo! So I know some people think summer school is super boring and a waste of time, well not me. I'm going to Japan for my summer school. 3 weeks baby! I get to learn, live, and eat in Japan. I'll be traveling to several different cities, and I will even stay with a host family as I go to a Japanese high school! Can you believe it?! I hope they like food. (I know I do!) Okay, so in honor of this great and wonderful news, I made a cake.


This cake was just kinda something I whipped up. I found a can of condensed milk in my pantry (yes, sometimes I just look in my pantry for inspiration) so I used it to make my cake. I thought it would be like dulce de luche, but uhhhh... it wasn't caramel-y. So to get an idea of what this cake was like, imagine the most dense cake (like a pound cake) and double that. Next, imagine the most milky cake, and then double that too. It was like a really dense, milky pound cake. (it wasn't sooooo dense that it was hard! it just felt...uh filling.) My dad absolutely llloooovvvveeeddd the cake. He's almost done eating the entire pan, and by himself too! I thought it was just okay. It was good I guess, but I'm just not a fan of pound cake.

What should I call this cake?? Uhhh not a dulce de luche cake? A super milky pound cake? Milk pound cake? Condensed milk cake? IDK!! Help?! If you have a name for this cake, can you please comment! 'cause I really need a good name for this recipe!

Condensed Milk Pound Cake? - Printer Friendly Version
Ingredients:
1 (14 oz) can condensed milk
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 3/4 cup flour

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. Beat condensed milk, egg, and sugar
3. Add in milk and butter
4. Add in flour and baking powder
5. Pour in to a greased 8x8 pan
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
7. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)