Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Entry for The Sweetest Kitchen's Mystery Box Cupcake Challenge!

For my entry, I made a White Butter Cupcake with a Lemon Curd Filling and Toasted Marshmallow  Meringue Frosting.  I call it Earth's Springtime Dessert. How does it relate to this month's theme of Earth Day, you ask. Well, whenever I think of the earth I automatically think of spring, and this makes me think of bunnies, which reminds me of lemons, which reminds me of lemon curd, which was the main flavor for these cupcakes!

Also, I used as natural and organic ingredients for these cupcakes in the spirit of the Earth Day Theme. The eggs were actually given to us by a friend who has their own chickens! Amazing, I thought. Chickens in their backyard. The eggs were spectacular on their own as a fried egg or boiled egg, and especially delicious in these cupcakes.

I used a white butter cake recipe from the cake bible as the cupcake base. Once baked and cooled, I used a pearl drink straw (you know those large straws?) to core out the cupcake, and then filled them with tangy and sweet lemon curd. I then topped the cupcakes with a fluffy marshmallow frosting. (Note: I will be posting the recipe later on!)

Here's the link to the official rules!



The winner of April’s Mystery Box Cupcake Challenge will receive prizes from:
Thank you to all our prize sponsors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)