Also, I used as natural and organic ingredients for these cupcakes in the spirit of the Earth Day Theme. The eggs were actually given to us by a friend who has their own chickens! Amazing, I thought. Chickens in their backyard. The eggs were spectacular on their own as a fried egg or boiled egg, and especially delicious in these cupcakes.
I used a white butter cake recipe from the cake bible as the cupcake base. Once baked and cooled, I used a pearl drink straw (you know those large straws?) to core out the cupcake, and then filled them with tangy and sweet lemon curd. I then topped the cupcakes with a fluffy marshmallow frosting. (Note: I will be posting the recipe later on!)
Here's the link to the official rules!
The winner of April’s Mystery Box Cupcake Challenge will receive prizes from:
- Angela's Images; a selection of handmade crafts
- Bake It Pretty; a $5 online gift card
- Beanilla; a $7 online gift card
- Miss Kitty Creations; a handmade cupcake charm of your choice
- My Little Cupcake; a cupcake pop mold
- Simply Caked; 600 brown greaseproof cupcake liners
- Sweet Cuppin Cakes; a $5 online gift card
- Tundra Books; 3 Earth-knowledgeable children's books