If you would like to join in on the fun, here's the link to the official rules. And....
The winner of February’s Mystery Box Cupcake Challenge will receive prizes from:
- Angela's Images; a selection of handmade crafts
- Bake It Pretty; a $5 electronic gift card
- Beanilla; 3 Indian, 3 Tahitian & 3 Tonga vanilla beans
- Hello Hanna; a pack of Sweet Stands cupcake stands
- Miss Kitty Creations; a handmade cupcake charm of your choice
- Simply Caked; 600 brown greaseproof cupcake liners
- Sweet Cuppin Cakes; a prize pack worth $25
- Tundra Books; a selection 3 very sweet children's books
Candy Bar Cupcake(Chocolate cupcake with a caramel filling topped with creamy peanut butter frosting and a caramel drizzle)
Ingredients: (Adapted from Hershey's chocolate cake)
For the chocolate cupcake:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup hot water
For the caramel:
Your favorite caramel sauce
For the peanut butter frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter, I used creamy
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk, or until desired smoothness
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. In a bowl combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add in eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla until combined. Mix in water.
4. Pour in to 12 paper lined cupcake tins and bake for 20-25 minutes
5. Allow cupcakes to cool before assembling
For the frosting:
1. Cream together the butter and powdered sugar. Beat in peanut butter. Add in milk and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy enough to pipe.
1. Using a spoon or knife, remove a piece of cake from the center to create a small well for the caramel.
2. Fill hole with caramel, if the caramel doesn't reach the top, the recover with removed cake
3. Frost the cupcakes
Don't forget to vote!